Monday, December 22, 2008

New history of time?

Yesterday we went to Coyote's Bar and Grill for the first time:

Photobucket

It's literally right across the street from us, like a 45 second walk, but I've held out on going there for a few reasons.

-I hate alcohol, so there goes the bar portion, which is a big part of the place since it's right there in the name. Plus I've never been to a bar.
-I don't watch sports, and it has a lot of big tvs that show whatever games are on. I follow sports a little bit at work when I read the newspaper, but that's about it.
-The prices were high when they were opene for the first 6 months, and homie don't play that.

But my dad wanted to go there for lunch with us, so we went of course. It turned out to be really good, and not like what I was expecting on the inside. It was pretty spacious, clean and well kept, and the food didn't take that long for the 7 of us. Granted, it was at like 5pm, and on a sunday, but when I think of a bar, I picture a place full of Ron Whites. What was cool was that they actually have a comparison of the different kinds of meat for burgers they use, showing what's better/worse than what. In seeing this, I went with the Bison burger with Swiss, plain as usual. God damn was that a burger. $11, but worth it. That sucker was so close to being perfect. It just needed to be less moist. Burger King and Jack in the Box gets it right on the dry and moistness of their burgers. Here, I had to press my napkin against it a few times but it was still incredible. 'big sized burger too with a cool bun I hadn't seen before.

The fries that came with it sucked, and Kairi turned them down too. 'wonder if there's a way to just get the burger itself for like $8 or something...'cause I want another one soon.

So if you live in the Hillsboro area and want a good burger, go to Coyote's. Yeah, eventhough I watch what I eat and avoid things with a lot of fat and cholesterol, fast food places are a weekend weakness that I can't turn down. For some reason, the cheap burgers taste so good to me. Here's how I rank them now:

-Wendy's
-Burger King
-Coyote's
-Basco's
-Jack in the Box
-McDonald's
-Sonic
-Carl's Jr. (I don't want all that stuff piled on, just give me the burger!)
-A&W

I really shouldn't have typed this since it just made me really hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment