Friday, December 19, 2008

UNDER THE WEATHER. GET IT? HAW HAW HAW.


The new look., originally uploaded by Enter the Chicken.

It's snowed for the last 5 days and I'm getting tired of it. It's not that I don't like the snow, because I do like it a lot, but it's just causing too many problems with various things (like money). What I got out of this cold streak, though, is a real use for my scarf that I've had for 4 or 5 months now. I couldn't figure out how to wear it properly with anything I have, but like this? Hell yes. Give me the Old Country Woman look any day over a typical neck wrap-around.

Kairi loves the snow. She experienced it for the first time last Christmas, but she was only 10 months old at the time. On sunday she woke up, looked out the window and kept going "wassat? Wassat? WASSAT?!", pointing at all the snow. She was a little cautious of it at first when she went outside, and I don't think she's tried eating it, but she loves throwing snowballs and clapping her mittens together, making that *thump* sound that only mittens can make.

I have a New Year's Resolution for once. It's to start saving money after I do my taxes next year, at least $85 a month. We need to move into a new place by this time next year (at least, that's my plan), and I want to have something set aside already so there's no panic to get the total amount right from the get-go. 'be nice if that rumored second kicker check turned out to be the real deal. I'm hearing the end of this year or sometime in January, but I'm not going to give my hopes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment