Saturday, January 31, 2009

I'm diggin' all the way to China with a silver spoon.

I did a very bad thing at work last night. One of the ladies that talks to me whenever we see eachother had made maple bars for her meeting but it was canceled, so she gave me a whole bunch. Maple is...my favorite flavor. Anything maple, I'm there. Maple syrup, maple turkey, maple ice cream, you name it. She had about 8 in her container and told me I could have 5 while she took the rest home to her kids. God, I was planning on having my bag of frozen broccoli for lunch, but 12 hours later, it's still in the freezer at work. 5 maple bars gone in the span of 3 minutes. Probably less. I felt like such a pig, but given how much maple was on those suckers...yeah. Jesus Christo they were awesome. So great that I had to mention it right here. I'd say, "I don't think I can ever have a maple bar from a bakery ever again", but that'd be a complete lie. Of course I'll have a maple bar whenever I get a chance, but these babies were the real deal, and can't be topped.

A video review of the Kermit photo puppet is going up on my YouTube channel eventually. I'm still uploading the file to my computer right now (558.9 mb!), and it'll probably take an hour for it to be uploaded on YouTube with their slow-as-hell uploader. It was weird talking -to- the camera for a change. When I did Mighty Muggs reviews, I focused on them because of their size, and it's pointless for me to be holding it and talk to the camera at the same time, with a more distant picture just because I'm in the picture. With Kermit, he's so big that I need to hold him with both hands and at the same time show just how big he is, using myself for a size comparison.

...I compared my size to Kermit. Nice.

My YouTube channel for those who don't know is:

http://www.youtube.com/user/liquiterge

Also, I'm DONE buying toys for at least a month hopefully. Unless I find Venom or General Grievous Mighty Muggs in a store, I'm not buying a damn thing. I know I mentioned something just like this in a recent entry, but I mean it now that I won the Max and Goat Boy figures. The old Obi-Wan and Ewoks Muggs are going to be out soon, if not already, so there's no worries about finding them over the next 2-3 months. Though the Ewoks could be a problem since they're so cute and all the kids'll want them. But I snagged Max/Goat Boy for about $35 total, which is a good $20 less than they usually run for. I didn't even wait for my Best Offer to go through since the seller lives in Washington and, as a result, they go by my time zone. And since I found the auction at about 2:30am, someone on the east coast probably would've bought them before my offer went through. This rules though that I get Max and Goat Boy. This set is the main one that people who get the Wild Things figures go for since, well duh, it's Max. I really wanted to get Aaon since he's my second favorite Wild Thing, but there wasn't any way I was gonna pass up on Max/Goat Boy for that price. Aaron doesn't show up on eBay as much as any of the others though, so I'm kind of worried there. There'll always be another chance though.

Kairi's going to be 2 years old in less than 2 weeks. I can remember her first birthday party like it was just yesterday. This time around, I'm not going to be running little errands back and forth. Last year when I did that, I missed everyone singing Happy Birthday to her. If someone wants or needs something, they can get it themselves. Kai's talking up a storm, has learned almost all of the basic colors in the last 2 weeks, and is really developing a new personality. It's depressing because, just as when she grows up physically, that little girl that I knew even a week ago is gone. When you look at pictures of your child from when they were a newborn, then look at how they are now, you know that child, not the one in the picture. How they were then isn't how they are now. That's life, and it sucks, but you can't stop what's coming. I can't ask Kairi a question and get a simple smile out of her anymore- she has a verbal answer for me now. She shows when she wants me to chase after her instead of leaving it up to me or trying to read her facial expressions. All those cliches about how "they grow up every day" are true.

Alright, I need to get back to finishing my 500 leg lifts that I said I'd do because of those maple bars. 'need to go to the gym tonight or tomorrow too, as usual. My dad and little brother are working out every weekend now I guess. It'd be nice if I could go too because I'd like to see if my dad's still got it like he did a few years ago when he could do the max weight on practically every machine at 24 Hour Fitness. 'doubt Tristan'll be able to do much unless he starts growing finally. I wish he had interest in fighting so I could teach him a few things too. He's pretty pathetic as he is right now. When I had him hit me in the stomach as hard as he could a few months ago, he hurt his hand.

(Edit: Oh yeah, WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO JESSICA SIMPSON??? I saw a picture of her in the newspaper today and ohmygod.)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, as for vegan meals, I would suggest anything from this blog: http://vegandad.blogspot.com/

    He has three small children, so maybe you could even make a meal you and Kairi (Hope I spelled her name right! D:) could enjoy together!!

    ReplyDelete