Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I'll get you back.

I've been getting the Where The Wild Things Are figures these past few weeks, and they're without a doubt the best toys I've ever bought. Each time I get a package in the mail and open it up, seeing Max and the Wild Things outside of the book is just so cool. They're a lot bigger than what I was expecting, which was a little taller than keychain figure size. All of the Wild Things I have so far, except for Goat Boy, are taller than the standard Mighty Mugg. These bad boys are heavy as hell too, for what they are. It just sucks that they have a history of breaking, and I finally got to experience that yesterday. Max's tail broke off just minutes after opening the box, but it looks like a clean break and can be glued on. There's no point in moving around his tail either- the way it's sculpted, it'd look weird at any other angle. I can't decide if I like him with his crown on or off though. He looks bad-ass either way. But it's all about the wolf ears.

Speaking of the Muggs, I think I'm done with them. I saw a few new ones I wanted at Toys R Us this past weekend, and with the exception of The Baroness, I didn't like how they looked in-person. I'll still go for her, Venom, the Ewoks, old Obi-Wan and maybe Grievous if he ever shows up again, but I'm pretty much over these guys. Part of it is having room on the shelves without things looking weird, and the other is that once I start collecting anything, I get tired of it within months. My favorite, Dr. Henry Jones, is apparently rare, and so I sold him to someone who really wanted him. 'used some of the money to get Kairi a birthday Wubbzy pin in hopes if it getting here for her birthday, but I don't see it getting here THAT fast. I sold Revan too. As cool as s/he is, I don't know. 'might finally buy a copy of Hagakure, though I just saw on Amazon that they're releasing a new version, and there's another version I hadn't seen before with a bunch more pages than the version I'm used to seeing. I'll have to check out the book store later this week and see what's different about it.

Musashi's Way Of Walking Alone was brought up on a message board, and I thought I'd share it for everyone reading. If more people acted through these, things would be better.

-do not turn your back on the various Ways of this world
-do not scheme for physical pleasure
-do not intend to rely on anything
-consider yourself lightly; consider the world deeply
-do not ever think in acquisitive terms
-do not regret things about your personal life
-do not envy another’s good or evil
-do not lament parting on any road whatsoever
-do not complain or feel bitterly about yourself or others
-have no heart for approaching the path of love
-do not have preferences
-do not harbor hopes for your own personal home
-do not have a liking for delicious food for yourself
-do not carry antiques handed down from generation to generation
-do not fast so that it affects you physically
-while military equipment is another matter, do not be fond of material things
-while on the Way, do not begrudge death
-do not be intent on possessing valuables or a fief in old age
-respect the gods and Buddhas, but do not rely on them
-though you give up your life, do not give up your honor
-never depart from the Way of the Martial Arts

We had Little Caesars for lunch last night and I was surprised at how good it was. $5 for a large pepperoni pizza? We might have to do that this weekend at that rate. Since I didn't have anything to eat aside from I think half a cookie earlier in the day, I had 5 pieces easily. It reminded me a lot of how Winco's used to be in the late 90s before their ingredients changed all of a sudden.

No comments:

Post a Comment