Sunday, February 15, 2009

Yo it's 3030.

Damn. Aaron went for over $30 and Olivia went for well over $50. I said I wouldn't bid more than $55 on her, and I didn't. So I didn't win. And when I saw Aaron going for more than I paid for Moishe, I just didn't bid at all. But there's another one listed right now, so maybe I'll have luck with that one. It just sucks to me because the seller of the one that ended yesterday was really cool and took time to send me extra detailed pictures showing if there were any paint defects on the eyes or anything. 'feel like I wasted his time now. But I think I'm going to hold off on the Olivia figure unless I can find a super good deal on one sometime down the road. But it's just such a sweet little figure when you see pictures of it that you can't help but want it right away. If you haven't read the books, I've only read Olivia Hels With Christmas, and it's one of the cutest kid's books ever. Even with there being like 3 or more books in the series, and this is the only exposure I have to her, I love that little pig. 'need to start watching the cartoon.

We didn't do a whole lot for Valentine's Day, but went out to a good Chinese eatery we haven't been to in a while. I made the mistake of ordering fried rice, which is a huge plate there. Actually, I told the guy that I wanted white rice but he was new and he didn't seem to speak much English, but I didn't complain. I got killer spring rolls, and just typing that made my mouth water. No one has spring rolls like these guys do. Then we went to Target where the Mrs. found a Mighty Mugg Ewok and put it in the cart immediately. I also won her the Gingerbread Dunny before we left, so these were her two presents. The Ewok, Teebo, is creepy as hell since he looks like a hamster that was walked in on when he was going to the bathroom. Wicket at least looks happy.

I had no clue that Mountain Dew Slurpees had ginseng in them. When I went to pick my flavor, I looked over the Mountain Dew logo and saw that one of the main 2 ingredients was ginseng and said out loud, "whatthehell, it has ginseng in it????". I think that's one of the most unexpected things I've ever seen.

Kairi's eaten so much these last few days, and you can tell that she's growing. Her face has changed a little bit, but you can't see it unless she's talking. Her mouth movements and expressions look a lot different from how they did just last month. And her hearing and vision's only getting even better than it already was. My hearing's incredible, and it surprises me when she can hear something I can, that I know barely anyone else could, and she goes, "wassat?!". And with her vision, she can see airplanes far off into the distance and points them out when I can't see it unless I really focus. Man I hope she has excellent senses all around and keeps them for a long time. I don't want her to suddenly get horrible vision when she hits 4th grade like I did.

Oh yeah, I saw the anniversary edition re-releases of the original Ninja Turtles at Target too. It was so weird seeing the same figures at the same store from almost 20 years ago. 'be lying if I said I wasn't a little excited to see that. All 4 of the turtles were there, and I was -this close- to getting Donatello. It took a few minutes of walking around and looking over everything before I put him away and decided to hold off and get the NECA version instead (sorry old Don!). The two things that did it for me were that the NECA one is just so much cooler and has great articulation, and I'd almost feel bad opening this re-release because of how classic the packaging is. Now, I can't stand people that leave their figures and toys in the packaging. The main reason being that there's always someone out there who would've paid just as much for it to open it and appreciate the toy instead of leaving it just to be looked at in a neutral state. But I have to admit, these guys looked really good in their oh so 80s/90s packaging that I actually thought about ways to open the figure without ruining the card. April was on it in the bottom-right corner too! When they're released, I'll definitely get Slash, Bebop and Rocksteady. 'don't know about Shredder, Splinter or April. Casey Jones and the Foot Soldier are on their way too, but I'll have to look at them again for the first time in ages before I make up my mind. The turtles also came with a dvd of an episode from the show. Even if it's just one episode, it's a nice extra. I didn't like seeing the $9 price tag for these guys since they were $5 back in the day. Hey, if they're gonna look the same and have an extra dvd that barely uses any of the disc space, it should be a little cheaper than $9!

Hmm...it was also weird to see the huge brown rack of weapons that the turles came with. I forgot how many were on that thing. Donatello came with a scythe-like weapon, two different katar, throwing stars, and other things. That always bugged me that their weapons were brown, and I still don't like it now. Donatello's makes sense since he fights with a wooden bo, but all the other weapons are metal. I can remember 5 year old me asking kids at school if they thought it was stupid that the turtles had brown swords and throwing stars too. Most of them agreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment